Black Box Recognition
Solo exhibiton by Ivar Veermäe
Black Box Recognition
30.11. - 21.12.2012
at o.T Projektraum
Weichselstraße 55, Neukölln, Berlin
Exhibition Mon - Sun 18 - ...

Vernissage: 30.11.2012 20:00

In the exhibition “Black Box Recognition” I´m creating a dialogue between my two new works “re_cognition” and “Kurfürstendamm 26”.

“Kurfürstendamm 26” deals with emergence of big consumer electronics companies, whose products are well designed and function as easy-to-use surfaces. The functioning-mechanisms of these companies could be seen metaphorically as black boxes, which in science and engineering are defined as devices or systems, which can be viewed in terms of their input and output, without knowing about their internal workings.

Video installation “re_cognition” is based on storage I secretly filmed in public transport and other temporary places in Germany, Sweden and Estonia. Use of “smart” technology in public space is growing and it is creating huge amounts of GPS, search and other data, which is stored in some “black boxes”= data centers. With “re_cognition” I’m drawing attention to facial recognition technologies, used in surveillance systems and also social networks. It is growing tendency, which will be used for security or personalized advertising.

*ivarveermae*

Thread durchsuchen nach
Thread download als

Sie haben keine Berechtigung . Sie müssen sich anmelden, oder registrieren.

Web2.0 Webkatalog Software von der Internetagentur McGrip Web2.0 Webkatalog Software RSS Feed